To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU. The research must be mentored by an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
- Cover letter ( Cover Letter Guidelines ) For the guidelines the Z number needs to be included in the Cover Letter Guidelines.
- Short biography for each author (50-150 words)
- Abstract (150 words)
- Manuscript (1500-4000 words)
- Works Cited (No limit but separate from the Manuscript Word Count)
- Note: All value ranges for the Author Biography, Abstract, Manuscript and Works Cited are not suggested maximums. To ensure that we can print your entire research project we have limited the word count. Please edit your documents accordingly.
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (Use this version only)
- Student Release Form (Use this version only)
Format of all submissions
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student’s discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
- Cover Letter (submit in .doc format titled “CoverLetter_yourname”)
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled “Shortbio_yourname”)
- Manuscript (submit in .doc format titled “Manuscript_yourname”)
- Abstract (submit in .doc format titled “Abstract_yourname”)
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled “AdvisorRelease_yourname”)
- Student Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled “StudentRelease_yourname”)
*FAURJ reserves the right to reject manuscripts not submitted in the above-mentioned formats by the established submission deadline.
All written manuscripts will be submitted through SafeAssign as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by 1-2 qualified undergraduate and/or graduate student peer-reviewers and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design.
Although manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the URJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
All questions can be directed to the FAURJ committee via, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.